Hallmark Inn, Davis is giving hope to the children of Yolo County
The Hallmark Inn, Davis team is lighting the spirit of hope for children in the Yolo community where it is needed now more than ever. This locally owned hotel has selected the Yolo County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) as the beneficiary of their community service efforts for the upcoming year. Beginning on December 1st, guests will have the opportunity to participate in this voluntary program by allowing a $1 per night donation to be applied to their folio. 100% of the money raised goes directly from guests-through the hotel-to CASA.
The Yolo CASA founded in 1996, recruits and trains community volunteers to mentor children in the foster care system. The advocates are sworn in by a judge, allowing them to be a child’s voice in the dependency court system. The CASA volunteers advocate for the safety and well-being of children who have been removed from their homes due to parental abuse and neglect. According to Mila Spengler, Board President of Yolo CASA, “Our CASA advocates stand up for these children and change their lives. They become the one constant in the life of a child who through no fault of their own has not received the care and support that every child deserves.”
Since 1996, Yolo County CASA has had more than 400 community volunteer advocates and currently has a list of 24 children waiting for a CASA. “Partnering with Hallmark Inn and the Youmans family is a wonderful opportunity for us to bring services to all Yolo County children who are in need of a CASA.” National CASA has grown to a network of more than 68,000 volunteers that serve 240,000 abused and neglected children through 1,018 local programs.
Marisa Schaffer, General Manager of the Hallmark Inn, is active in Soroptimist International of Davis and Rotary Club of Davis Child Abuse Prevention Programs, “Children are brought into this world innocent of wrongdoing; circumstances change. One person, $1 dollar can make the difference in breaking the cycle of abuse or neglect.”
The Youmans Family, owners of the Hallmark Inn, Davis are taking it one step further. A pledge of $1 for every room night occupied during the month of December will be added to any contributions collected by guests.
For further information, please contact Marisa Schaffer at 530-753-3600
- Hallmark Inn Renovation Plans
- Local Hotel Breaks through Social Media
- Walk Score
- Davis hotel team awarded top state accolades by CA Hotel & Lodging Association
- Hallmark Inn, Davis is giving hope to the children of Yolo County
- Ride the 2010 Amgen Tour of California Routes
- Davis Hotel Manager Awarded Top State Accolades by CA Hotel & Lodging Association
- Complimentary Bicycles another Hallmark Inn Enhancement to Eco-Friendly Efforts
- Hallmark Inn Unveils Interactive, Progressive New Website
- Hallmark Inn Rolls Out The “Floral” Carpet For UCD Centennial At September Artabout
- Local Hotel Unveils “Beekind” Program
- California’s Central Valley Is Honored In New Davis Mural